By Pastor Lisa Holliday
Welcome! If you have kids in elementary school, this home-based, faith resource is for you! If you have children in early childhood, their home-based, faith resources will be handed out in KiDSCOR! Kids of all ages will participate in the same monthly offering for missions and that information is included in the first paragraph below. May your family be blessed by God as you choose to spend time with each other and Him!
All KiDSCOR kids (Nursery, Early Childhood and Elementary)
Missions Project: During the months February and March, KiDSCOR will be receiving offering for food-related mission projects in Haiti and in Kansas City. Due to the extreme devastation of natural disasters in recent years, Haiti’s crops have been destroyed. Part of the money we collect will provide Haiti with trees and seeds for new gardens.
The Souper Bowl Food Drive will receive the money for people in Kansas City. Food will be purchased and distributed to local food banks where children and adults will receive it. Every coin and dollar received will be used to share Christ’s love with children in these ways. Please share your blessings!
On February 26 and March 5, the KiDSCOR offering will be contributed to our all-church capital campaign. The money the kiddos bring those two weeks will be given to help build a special place for mission and ministry that will serve for generations to come!
Prayer: Dear God, thank you for always being near to me. Thank you for helping me when I am afraid. Thank you that I can worship you wherever I am and for a very special church who understands that all people are valued and important to you. Please help me share your love with people near and far. In the name of Jesus we pray, Amen.
- Collect offering for our new building
- Carry a small stone in your pocket to remind you God is always with you
- Use blocks to build a church or a temple
- Pray for all who will enter our new building
- Discuss a time you have been scared and how God helped you.
- Name three characteristics of God.
- Discuss how to keep God the focus of your life.
- Talk about what you need to finish that you have started.
“I forget about the things behind me and reach out for the things ahead of me. The goal I pursue is the prize of God’s upward call in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 3:13-14
- February 5 David and Goliath I Samuel 17
- February 12 The Twelve Spies Numbers 13 and 14
- February 19 The First Church Acts 2:42-47
- February 26 Solomon Build the Temple I Kings 6