By Lisa Holliday
Welcome! If you have kids in elementary school, this home-based, faith resource is for you! If you have children in early childhood, their home-based, faith resources will be handed out in KiDSCOR! Kids of all ages will participate in the same monthly offering for missions and that information is included in the first paragraph below. May your family be blessed by God as you choose to spend time with each other and Him!
All KiDSCOR kids (Nursery, Early Childhood and Elementary)
Missions Project: During the months of January, February and March, KiDSCOR will be receiving offering for food-related mission projects in Haiti and in Kansas City. Due to the extreme devastation of natural disasters in recent years, Haiti’s crops have been destroyed. Part of the money we collect will provide Haiti with trees and seeds for new gardens. The Souper Bowl Food Drive will receive the money for people in Kansas City. Food will be purchased and distributed to local food banks where children and adults will receive it. Every coin and dollar received will be used to share Christ’s love with children in these ways. Please share your blessings!
Prayer: Dear God, thank you for our many blessings. Thank you for food, shelter and clothes. Thank you for always being with us, even when we are scared or afraid. Please help us know you are near, even when we can’t feel your presence. Thank you for the people in the Bible whose stories teach us how to trust in you. You are such a good God, and we praise You. In the name of Jesus we pray, Amen.
At times, everyone fears feeling alone or unloved. As a family, share ideas about how you can work with God to bring comfort and care to others. Discuss each person’s unique gifts and abilities. How can those be used to comfort others? How can those same gifts be combined with those of other family members to care and help? Use construction paper to create the symbol of a heart. On it, write or draw the gifts of each person. Also write or draw about how they can be used to comfort people who are sad or lonely. Pray together, asking God to help guide you to use your ideas and gifts. Thank God for giving them to you. Display your family’s “heart” as a reminder to comfort others this year.
- Read the Bible stories for each upcoming week!
- Play “I Spy” then talk about times when you have seen God.
- Memorize this month’s Bible verse.
- Play on monkey bars, a teeter totter or a balance beam. Do you need help to make it across or did you do it on your own? Do you need God’s help in life?
- Help someone at school who may be scared or anxious.
- When you feel afraid, take deep breaths and say, “God is with me and loves me.”
- When have you been afraid?
- How do feel when you are scared?
- Who helps you in your fears?
- When have you been brave and courageous?
- When have you trusted in God?
- How can you learn to trust God even more?
- January 8th Peter Walks on Water Matthew 14:22-33
- January 15 Esther Saves the Day Esther 4, 5:1-8, and 7:1-6
- January 22 Gideon Called by God Judges 6
- January 29 Jesus Heals Two Women Luke 8:40-56
Grades K-2 “Don’t fear, because I am with you; don’t be afraid, for I am your God.” Isaiah 41:10a
Grades 3-5 “Don’t fear, because I am with you; don’t be afraid, for I am your God. I will strengthen you; I will surely help you; I will hold you with my strong hand.” Isaiah 41:10